Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Teatime Therapy

If you have never experienced a traditional afternoon tea, GO DO IT NOW.

It's the civilized thing to do.

I, like my mother, am more than content with my daily cup (or three) of microwave-made tea. However, sometimes it's nice to break out those linen napkins and be a little fancy shmancy. Sipping on tea with some buttered scones and tiny finger sandwiches is relaxing, and turns something mundane and simple into an elegant ritual. My favorite aspect of English culture is that people make time to enjoy these little luxuries.


Teatime at Brown's Cafe, Woodstock Road, Oxford


Check out this spread of scones with butter and jam, salmon and cucumber finger sandwiches, a sampling of cakes, and a pot of earl gray tea. My favorite part, of course, was the bowl of sugar cubes!

No comments:

Post a Comment